Another Laurel, This Time in Linen

I had time to sew up another Laurel this weekend, finishing it up on Monday evening. On Friday I stopped by the new Avenue Fabric Studio on my way home from work. I picked up this lovely blue linen cotton blend that I used for this version of Colette’s Laurel pattern.

Linen Laurel

This time around I shortened the dress to more of a tunic/top length. I also altered the neckline, creating a wide boat neck with and insert in the shoulders to create a bit of a square neck shape. I also added a couple of darts to the front of the shirt and removed the zipper altogether. I much prefer the shape with the front darts, although if I make it again I will lengthen the darts a touch.

Linen Laurel 2Linen Laurel 3

Linen Laurel 4

Wow, its so much easier to get photos done now that I have a remote for my camera! Hopefully, I can keep up this pace of posting.

5 thoughts on “Another Laurel, This Time in Linen

  1. Andrea

    One of the reasons I did not purchase this pattern is because its the lack of shaping. Your addition of front darts is brilliant and I really like the modified neckline – lovely top in a lovely colour!

  2. Vivian Moreau

    I just finished the dress version of this. It has front darts which ended up being about three inches higher than they should be. Either I need a new firmer bra or this pattern needs to be adjusted! I do like that it has curves to it rather than a straight shift. I added the sleeve ruffle just for fun.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *