I first pinned this dress back in June. After mulling over how best to recreate it I decided to reuse the Reglisse bodice and draft my own skirt. and I had this simple grey and white cotton pinstripe in my stash that I picked up on my trip to Croatia. Once I figured out the Croatian word for fabric google maps was excellent at finding me little fabric shops in the cities. I on the other hand was less excellent at following the maps, too many tiny streets!
I created my own bias tape using the tutorial featured in the Colette Sewing Handbook and I found a similar online tutorial for you here. Anytime I make bias tape I find myself referring to the handbook, but I have come to realize how simple and quick it is to do. The day I started on making this dress I went to plug in my iron and it failed to heat up. It was only a year old, so I decided to splurge on a Rowenta and oh my does a good iron ever make a difference.
There was rather harsh lighting for the photos, but since I’ve had this dress completed for weeks I thought it best to get the photos done while I had the time.